Us Brits do love a long weekend, which explains why Bank Holidays are our favourite time of the year! To celebrate the last Bank Holiday of 2017, we have compiled a list of super easy cocktail recipes to help kick it off in style.
It’s time to impress your friends with your super-cool mixology skills and get ready for a Bank Holiday to remember.
First up the Classic Margarita: A cocktail that has Mexico written all over it!
- 35ml tequila
- 20ml Cointreau
- 35ml fresh lime juice
- Handful Party Ice cubes
- Lime wedge, to garnish
- Pour the tequila, Cointreau and lime juice into a cocktail shaker
- Add a handful of Party Ice cubes and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds
- Strain into a martini glass with half the rim damped with water, then dipped in salt
- Add a lime wedge on the rim by way of garnish
Second, a Minty Mojito: Refreshing and tasty! Mix with fruit if you want to add a fruity twist.
- 75ml Bacardi
- ½ fresh lime
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- 2 heaped bar spoons of caster sugar
- Dash of soda water
- Crushed ice
- Sprig of fresh mint to garnish
- Put the four lime wedges into a glass
- Add the sugar and muddle (squish everything together) to release the lime juice
- Put the mint leaves on one hand and clap
- Rub the mint leaves around the rim of the glass and drop them in
- Use a muddler, bar spoon (or even a rolling pin) to gently push the mint down into the lime juice
- Half fill the glass with The Ice Co Crushed Ice and pour in the Bacardi
- Stir until the sugar dissolves
- Top up with Crushed Ice and a splash of the soda water
Garnish with a sprig of mint
And thirdly, one of our all time faves – a Sweet Sweet Woo Woo: Long, fruity and served over plenty of ice, just how we like it!
- 25ml peach schnapps
- 25ml vodka
- 100ml cranberry juice
- Party Ice
- Fill a tall glass with Party Ice ice cubes
- Measure 25ml peach schnapps and 25ml vodka into the glass
- Stir thoroughly
Top up with 100ml cranberry juice
Enjoy the Bank Holiday, as always drink responsibly!
Latest posts by TheIceMaiden (see all)
- Freakishly fun cocktails you and your guests will die for this Halloween! 👻🎃💀🍹 - October 23, 2017
- The Ice Co Charity Fun Day is a team triumph! 👏💰 - October 2, 2017
- The Ice Co teams up with the Gin Rocks Festival to help give their G&Ts the perfect serve! - September 20, 2017