We are currently looking for a Production Operative to work in a busy Ice Production factory.
The Production Operative is responsible for producing a range of ice products to industry leading standards. The environment is semi-automated and will require candidates to be multi skilled in different tasks within the factory. Although we produce ice products, our factory is not a cold environment and is not temperature controlled, so you won’t be working in a freezer!
The business is an award winning branded food manufacturer. This family owned, and operated business is offering you the chance to join a fast-paced production environment. These roles could be a fantastic opportunity for someone with production experience to work over the Summer period.
This work can be strenuous and regularly involves lifting cases and bags of bagged ice, so applicants must be in good physical condition with no back or mobility problems. The product to be lifted may weigh up to 20kg.
- 12 hour shifts 4 on 4 off days within a 8 week cycle 6am to 6pm
- Flexibility regarding hours worked is paramount in this role
- Annual wage from £17,979 (equivalent of £8.21 per hour)
- Authorised overtime (paid at time & half) is required occasionally to cover holidays
- Paid rest breaks (2 x 30 minutes)
- 5.6 weeks holidays per year including Bank Hols (holiday pay calculated using 12 month’s average earnings)
- Immediate start available
- Level 2 Food Safety training provided
- Personal Protective Clothing provided
- Contributory pension scheme
You can apply through Indeed by clicking the learn more and apply button now or either click the button to send your CV by email, or you can also download an Application form to print and send in the post (or you can drop off the form at one of our sites).
Your details will be stored securely by the HR Team and you will be contacted if a suitable vacancy arises. Read our Privacy Notice for more details.