Our busy temperature controlled warehouse in South Kirkby, West Yorkshire is always open to receive applications from qualified material handling equipment drivers with valid licences. If you wish to send your details, you will be contacted if any suitable roles are vacant.
You must be experienced in and qualified to drive trucks such as Counterbalance, Reach, Fork Lift, Very Narrow Aisle, or Flexi.
Cold Store Operatives are responsible for the receipt and despatch of product through the temperature-controlled warehouse, ensuring incoming products are correctly stored and located and outgoing product is correctly identified, picked and loaded. This role is also responsible for manually lifting and moving cases, boxes and individual items of chilled and frozen products from/to pallets and containers in readiness for blast freezing, cold storage or loading for delivery
This work can be strenuous and regularly involves heavy lifting, so applicants must be in good physical condition with no back or mobility problems. The product to be lifted may weigh up to 25kg.
Various shift patterns are worked on this site, including days and nights, 4 on 4 off shifts or 5 day shifts.
Rates of pay start from £7.83 (age 18 and over) and we also pay additional pay for 4 on 4 off shift pay, nights shift pay, attendance pay, VNA pay and overtime at time and a half.
- Must have experience of working in a fast moving chilled/frozen warehousing environment
- Must have experience of driving Material Handling Equipment
- Applicants must be in good physical condition with no back or mobility problems
- Should be proficient or experience in the use of RF Handheld Scanner
- A valid First Aid certificate would be advantageous but is not essential
- Should be flexible and willing to help colleagues as requested to meet the needs of the business.
Click the button to send your CV by email. Or you can download an Application form to print and send in the post (or you can drop off the form at one of our sites).
It’s important to include details of the type of licence you hold, its expiry date and the brand of truck you have experience driving.
Your details will be stored securely by the HR Team and you will be contacted if a suitable vacancy arises. Read our Privacy Notice for more details.